4 Health Benefits of Giving Your Dog a Foot Bath
The followings are the primary benefits:
- Improves circulation (Nutrients will be carried throughout the body where necessary)
- Speeds up metabolism (senior or less active dogs can burn calories efficiently)
- Alleviates chronic pain (i.e., arthritis)
- Prevents injuries by loosening & softening the muscles
Why the Feet?
Soaking the feet (in humans as well as dogs) increases blood flow by dilating the blood vessels in the legs and feet.
This alleviates blood congestion in internal organs.
It also relaxes tense muscles and elevates body temperature.
Prep a Foot Bath – In a Bucket Or In Your Tub
Essential Oil Recipe For Arthritis & Chronic Pain
- Warm water: 100ºF ~ 110ºF (37ºC ~ 43ºC)
- Baking soda: Approx. 1 tablespoon ~ 1 cup (Adjust depending on how much water you will use.)
- Essential oils: Roman Chamomile : Helichrysum = 1:1 (For a small dog in a small bucket, 1 drop each. For a larger dog in a tub, a few drops each.)
If you are not familiar with essential oils, I recommend you to read my past article “Aroma Therapy: Relaxing and Effective Way to Care For Your Dog“, too.
When you buy a bottle, make sure it is 100% essential oil without additives like these. ↓ ↓ ↓
*DO NOT APPLY ESSENTIAL OILS ON DOGS WITHOUT DILUTING*
** ESSENTIAL OILS ARE VERY POTENT. DO NOT OVER USE IT **
I hope that your dog will be all warmed up, relaxed, comfortable and enjoy spending time with you!
Note: Aroma therapy sessions and classes are no longer offered. We currently offer canine massage, cold laser and exercises. (2018)